Building and Pest Inspection
Book a combined building pest Inspection and receive two sets of eyes for the price of one.
All of our combined building pest Inspections are conducted by two fully qualified Inspectors. Both Inspectors will work together throughout the inspection process. We’ve received nothing but positive reviews from our combined two Inspector service.
A pre purchase building inspection provides peace of mind about the building structure, internal and external walls, roof cavity, sub floor cavity, external roof, tiling, gutters, eaves and any other outbuilding present on the property and more.
But what about termites?
New brick houses built on a concrete foundation are just as easy a target for termites and wood borers as established wood frame homes. Termites need a gap less than 2mm under the eaves, in a ventilation space, or around a loosely fitted down pipe to get inside and cause massive damage to internal walls.
House Inspections Melbourne’s combined Building Pest inspection service is our most popular property inspection option. Our Inspector’s (including Geoff our principle building pest inspector) is the most experienced in Melbourne. He’s conducted over 5500 inspections to date. Read more out us here!
Pre Purchase Inspections Includes:
- Internal Structural Inspection – Including all living areas, kitchen, bathrooms, ensuites, laundry, toilets, bedrooms, doors, windows, skirting boards, architraves, carpets, tiling, stairs and more.
- External Structural Inspection – Including walls, lintels, doors, windows, stairs, deckers, water heater regulator, garage rolla doors and more.
- Roof cavities – Including Roof framing structures, insulation and sarking
- Under floor space – Including Sub-Floor Timber framing structures, Piers, Stumps, Posts, Supports, Ventilation, Ant Caps, rising damp, dry rot, surface water.
- Roof exterior – Including tiles, metal roofing, gutters, eaves, valleys, downpipes, vents and flues and flashings
- Site – Including Outbuildings, fences, driveways, paths, steps, vehicle accommodation and surface drainage
Timber Pest Inspection Includes:
- Examine roof cavity and subfloor areas for evidence of wood decay from termites or wood borers
- Internal and external timber pest inspection including visible floor boards, skirting boards, all visible timber inside and out, plus any timber cladding
- Inspect any wooden fencing and trees surrounding the property for fertile termite nesting areas