I need an urgent inspection. How fast can it be done?
We conduct next day inspections as the standard. We offer a choice of either morning or afternoon for inspection times. You can even book an inspection today. Contact us on Ph: 0422 228 716
How much does an inspection cost and what does the report cover?
- Internal structural inspection – All living areas, kitchen, bathrooms, ensuites, laundry, toilets, bedrooms, doors, windows, skirting boards, architraves, carpets, tiling and stairs.
- External structural inspection – Walls, lintels, doors, windows, stairs, deckers, water heater regulator and garage rolla doors.
- Roof cavities – Roof framing structures, insulation and sarking.
- Under floor – Sub-floor timber framing structures, piers, stumps, posts, supports, ventilation, ant caps, rising damp, dry rot and surface water.
- Roof exterior – Tiles, metal roofing, gutters, eaves, valleys, downpipes, vents and flues and flashings.
- Site – Outbuildings, fences, driveways, paths, steps, vehicle accommodation and surface drainage.
- Examining the roof cavity and subfloor areas for evidence of wood decay from termites or wood borers.
- Conducting internal and external timber pest inspections – Visible floor boards, skirting boards, any visible timber and any timber cladding.
- Inspecting wood fencing and trees surrounding the property for any termite nesting.
Does House Inspections Melbourne arrange the inspection?
I can't be present at the inspection / I do not live in Melbourne. Can you still help?
Yes. Many property investors reside interstate or overseas. We specialise in helping our clients who cannot be present at the time of the inspection. We will take note of your concerns and will clearly explain the current conditions of the property that you are looking to purchase.
We also travel all over Victoria to inspect homes. Although our name suggests that we are based in Melbourne, you can be assured that our inspectors will be at an inspection the next day when you book an inspeciton today.
Does House Inspections Melbourne have indemnity and public liability insurance?
Yes, we provide the best in the industry for insurance coverage with $1 million indemnity and $5 million public liability insurance for your protection.
Can I be present at the time of the inspection?
Yes. You can be present on the day of the inspection. If possible, just make sure not to disrupt the inspector as he conducts the inspection. The inspection is a complex process and any distractions canpotentially cause the inspector to overlook critical defects.